
Well I'm not sure if everyone knows but my Dad went in for a heart procedure that he thought he would be in and out the same day last Tuesday, March 24th. Instead they admitted him and scheduled him for Open Heart Surgery two days later. It was a definite shock to the entire family. We were so worried but our Faith in God got us through it. He went into surgery at 8:00am and the surgeon came in around 11:30am to let us know that my dad had made it through the surgery and seemed strong. Those were some of the longest hours of my life, waiting to hear word that my Dad had made it through. I got to see him that night and spend some time with him. I was also able to stay overnight at the hospital on Friday evening. It was a special time that I got to spend with my Dad and be able to help take care of him. We went for walks down the 8th floor, it was precious time that I am so glad I was able to spend with him. God continued to heal him even more over the next couple of days and they released him on Sunday evening to go home. During the week that he was in the hospital was one big long blur. It just seemed unreal. I couldn't believe that my dad was having Open Heart Surgery. But it was a definite eye opener for him and since he has been home he has made some changes in his daily routine. Yesterday I was able to go and visit him at home, it was the first time I had seen him since Sunday. He looked really good and strong. This whole experience I feel God has used to open my eyes to see how precious life is and how important it is to spend time with our loved ones. I would go months without seeing or even talking to my Dad and over this past week I have realized that no matter what is going on in my life family is so important. I know God will continue to heal my Dad and strengthen him daily. I have now given all of my worries to God and I know that it is only a matter of time before my Dad has even more strength then he did before the surgery.

No comments:
Post a Comment